LESS THAN 24 HOURS LEFT TO GET IN ON THIS! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

How to make a screw top PWK AS fit nicer on a 2004 CR250R?

So what do I do to make the screw top fit nicer? I got a killer deal I couldn't pass up on a brand new screw top, and here I am not happy with how it fits.

That said, what will make it fit nicer? 2002-2003 air boot? 2000 air boot? I have a VForce 3 reed block on it now, but willing to change to the boyesen if that will help fitment as well. 

Thank you!

The 2004 is built for the short body carb, I put the long body carb, I don't like the way it fits. My question is, will the 2002-2003 air boot fix the issue, or will I need the air boot and manifold? 

There is no way to make a long body PWK fit "right" on the 04-07 CR250. It will always fit like 10lbs of potatoes in a 5lb sack.

• Like 2

My 03 is a very tight fit with the screw top so i can imagine the newer short body design is very scrunched.

There is no way to make a long body PWK fit "right" on the 04-07 CR250. It will always fit like 10lbs of potatoes in a 5lb sack.

Even with the '03 air boot and manifold?

I'm running the 00 PWK screw top on an 03 motor. The 03 boot should help as it fits snug, but not to tight where it's impossible to make it work. I wouldn't recommend the 02 air boot as it's more of an angle. Honda redesigned the 03 boot to be a straighter design for better airflow to help with throttle response.

Are you just unhappy with the imperfect fitment, or are you having problems? Mine doesn't fit perfectly on my '04, but I don't have problems with it sealing, either. I over-tightened the carb side intake once, which caused it to pinch so every time I kicked it over I could hear a puff of air. All I had to do was loosen it and re-align a little and not over-tighten it, and it seals fine. Maybe just spray a little WD40 or contact cleaner when it's running to see if you get an increase in idle. If not, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. I love the ease of the screw top, so I just run it.

Are you just unhappy with the imperfect fitment, or are you having problems? Mine doesn't fit perfectly on my '04, but I don't have problems with it sealing, either. I over-tightened the carb side intake once, which caused it to pinch so every time I kicked it over I could hear a puff of air. All I had to do was loosen it and re-align a little and not over-tighten it, and it seals fine. Maybe just spray a little WD40 or contact cleaner when it's running to see if you get an increase in idle. If not, then I wouldn't worry about it too much. I love the ease of the screw top, so I just run it.

Haven't had any problems, just don't like the idea that it might develop an issue. I too really like the screw top as well. I did the contact cleaner test the other night, and it passed the test, It's definitely sealed tight!

Thanks for the information H4L, I'm going to order the '03 boot and hopefully prove CamP wrong on this. 

Haven't had any problems, just don't like the idea that it might develop an issue. I too really like the screw top as well. I did the contact cleaner test the other night, and it passed the test, It's definitely sealed tight!

Thanks for the information H4L, I'm going to order the '03 boot and hopefully prove CamP wrong on this.

I would think as long as you make sure you're sealing it up the same way each time you'll be fine. Lemme know how the '03 boot fits! I don't see how it cannot be made to fit, considering the '03 and '04 have basically the same frame and subframe. Meaning a combo of boots should make the twist top fit.