Sign in to follow this  

newby with ? on plastics .

Been out of the 2 wheel game for about 20 yrs after a bad accident. Been riding 4wheelers last 10 yrs.

my neighbor had a old 01or02 yz250f setting in his garage that was collecting dust. So I bought it for 800bucks, put a new style cam in it and adjusted valves elect.cleaned carb got it running ig runs great!

Pilot is way to big #50 blows black smoke so I ordered a new factoy pilot jet.

my question is I want to put new plastics on the bike a newstyle plastic kit I see ufo offers a restyled plastic kit for a yz250 not the f! Does anyone know if the yz plastics will fit if not what can I do to update the front and rear fender? Im in the process of powder coating the frame,wheels, swinger! Im getting old and take pride in the way my stuff looks. Plus I could never purchase a new bike while my kids are traveling the us racing bmx!

Also are there any stock or different year model exhaust that will bolt up!

Its just a fun trail bike.

sorry, for the book!

Look on ebay.  I see UFO fenders for your bike that have the newer stye.   I have one on my 01 WR, it bolted right up and looks great.  

People with WRs often swapped to a stock YZ muffler so any muffler and header from 01 to 05 should fit.  The stock pipes on 01 and 02 were loud.  I went to a FMF Q4, reasonable sound and not too expensive.  

Flyandride did you do the new style shrouds and front fender as well?

I kept the stock shrouds.  I replaced the front fender also.  I don't think they changed at all from 01 to present.  

I just sold that bike today and I'll probably regret it.