Sign in to follow this  

WR200

I've had bikes all my life apart from the last 10 yrs. Passed 60 a few weeks ago and decided there was something missing. My heart is not the best and I apparantly need a hip replacing...o-err. So I decided to buy a WR200 :goofy: . Ha ha why not? Got it on Saturday. Fueled it up and hopped on this mornng. Freinds and family think I'm ga-ga. I was a tiny bit concerned as my toes just touch the deck but hey-ho. Put it into 1st and gingerly turned the throttle...bit shakey for the first few feet them I just grabbed hold of it and wapped it open. Oh wow, the smile was from ear to ear, what fun. All the doubt went straight out of the window, it was a cinch to ride. It's great to be back on two wheels.

Any older guys considering getting back into bikes, my advice would be just go for it. Ignore all the well intended advice and grab it by the neck. Nothings different, it's more of the same.;

Best

GLB.

• Like 4

Good/bad health can sometimes be partially a state of mind. Fun and outdoor physical activity are two of the best things you can do for yourself. I'm 56 and just bought another YZ250 to play in the woods on, and though it may not add days to my life, it will certainly add life to my days. 

Besides, I have never found "acting my age" to be all that much fun anyway.. :thumbsup:

And welcome to TT!

Edited by OLHILLBILLY
  • Like 3

Good for you man! I've spent various times in my life without bikes and each time the time between bikes got shorter. My wife understands finally that a husband with a bike is a happy husband. LOL

PS check out my WR200 project....fun build and fun motor.

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome folks. Appreciated. I have a small problem with it that perhaps you may be able to help with?  Basically it's really fun to ride on road. However, it has a dark side...if I screw the ass of it all is well. It's quick and sweet. But if you slow down it gets all muffly and feels like the choke is on. It only likes flat out. Well that's ok to a degree. Thing is when I go off road down or up some tricky sections it's lust for full revs becomes a nightmare. Man I bought it off says it's probably his fault because he played around with the power valve settings and didn't have time to check it out. A likely story!

My guess is the KTM exhaust he has fitted is unsuitable or the carb needs re-jetting to cope. The exhaust has a catalitic converter inside...he has probably cocked up the power valve settings in his effort to make it run ok. So seems I have two things to sort. I know the principals of 2 strokes, roughly how they work and why but I feel aprehensive as what to do next. Sure I can take it down to my local yam dealer who is an ok guy, ex-racer. But I'd be much happier if I could get through on my own. Always done my own maintenence, but always 4 strokes.  

YoDaddy, I'm off looking for your project right now. Thanks for the heads up.

GLB

Edited by greenlane bopper

Good for you for getting back on a bike, stick with it! 

I am 52 and still racing hare scrambles/MX here in Fl. Finished 3rd overall in the state hare scramble 40-45 class this year on a YZ250. Plan to keep racing and riding until I die.

Edited by bronc3
  • Like 1

Congratulations! these bikes are awesome, I take my to the Oregon dunes with us all the time, as well china hat in eastern Oregon. It can keep up with the best of them. its a blast in the woods, and even more fun in the wide open dunes. It climbs anything you point it at, nearly. Banshee Hill, it wont do, but it will climb any other dune around. I have yet to take it up a climb in the woods it couldn't make it up. Blows the KDX200 out of the water too, but thats my opinion, and I have ridden several KDX's. I would definitely by the Vforce3 reed block for it, really gives it more over-rev, crisper throttle and throttle response.

• Like 2