Plasti dip'in my supermoto wheels

Figured id post this up in case anyone wanted to give it a try, we'll see how it turns out.

I'm going to be using blaze green, but with the blaze colors they recommend using a white base coat or the color will come out dull

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402251985.029327.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402251996.681559.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402252008.047497.jpg

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402252026.099071.jpg

I just applies my first coat, put on a little heavy though but once I get a solid white, I'll be throwing on the green

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402252068.518984.jpg

That will look sweet. I bet it took forever to do all that masking though.

Hah I sure hope so!

It probably took me about an hour and a half to tape it all up, but it's MUCH better than removing the tire, Un lacing the wheel, and having to true the wheel again. I do all of my own work. But when it comes to suspension or wheel truing, to the shop it goes!

• Like 1

What you think, love it or hate it??

It came out pretty much as I expected for my first time using this stuff. It's hard to take the tape off without the plasti dip coming with it.

I'll have to do my rear now that I know a few things I didn't before this wheel, and then re do my front.

Should I have kept it white? Or are you feelin the green??!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402267186.211470.jpg

I forgot to tape off my tread on the tire...lol oh well

• Like 1

It's a little bright to me, but the cool thing is it's cheap! And very easy to change. I give it a thumbs up!

It's brighter than id like, but it still looks ok. I may just do the back white and then re do the front white, I'm still undecided

Only reason I gave it a shot was cuz it's cheep and it Peels right off if I don't like it

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402268310.175264.jpg

I think I'm going to take off the back wheel tonight and tape it up, and try it tomorrow but without using a white base coat. I know that will dull the color out a lot, I don't think I like how bright it is

Looks good to me. I think I would tape off and spray the grooves in the tires green! That will add some flare going down the road!

Look in pic you see the green dots. Looks cool!

• Like 2

Looks good to me. I think I would tape off and spray the grooves in the tires green! That will add some flare going down the road!

Look in pic you see the green dots. Looks cool!

That would be pretty sweet lookin when I'm moving if filled in the tires! I'll probably do that sense I accidentally did the front anyways hah

I'm just undecided if I should try my rear without the base coat or not. I like it but it's much brighter than any other green on my bike

I'll most likely just do it with the white again, if I decide I don't like it in a few weeks or whatever it will only take 5 min to take it off!

Have the rear wheel about half taped up

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402276037.514772.jpg

Spoke nipples are the worst

• Like 1

Going for my license Wednesday morning! I have a few parts comin in tomorrow also, grips, clutch cover, shrouds ect..she's also due for an oil change tomorrow, and I need to paint this wheel...we'll see how much I can get done before work at 2 haha

• Like 2