Sign in to follow this  

Rm125 starts fine but stalls out as soon as it warms up PLEASE HELP

I have an 03 RM 125 and it just started doing this. I start it and get going for a couple of minutes and it will bog down and die. It then refuses to start for a bit after that. After sitting awhile it will start again and do it all over. My first thought was the stator so I did a resistance check on it and the numbers look good I also checked the voltage and it's putting out about 14 when I kick it but that's while it's cold. Does anyone have any ideas about what's going on? I appreciate any advice.

I tore it all apart and it seemed to be the fuel filter not letting enough gas into the carb so it would burn up what's in the bowl then slowly fill back up, but now that's out and it' seems like the float is being pinned up by the bowl. But I didn't change anything and the float itself is fine. How do you measure/adjust the float?

I tore it all apart and it seemed to be the fuel filter not letting enough gas into the carb so it would burn up what's in the bowl then slowly fill back up, but now that's out and it' seems like the float is being pinned up by the bowl. But I didn't change anything and the float itself is fine. How do you measure/adjust the float?

if you didn't change touch anything then i wouldn't mess with the float adjustment unless i absolutely know its significantly lower or higher than spec, find the spec in mm and measure the float from the mating surface to the bottom of the float. Now check what's really suspect which is the float needle make sure that the needle

48-5010.jpge

^ this up here  is working properly push down on the golden pin on the top it should freely go up and down easily and shouldn't stick