Sign in to follow this  

Running sag between 95-100

I have a 2009 KX450 with 20mm triple clamps and re-sprung for my weight(stock valving).  Last weekend I went to the track and played around with all different suspension settings.  Sag, fork height, clicker settings, everything I could think of to just see if I could find a better set up.  After all the different setups, I kept coming back to my forks 5mm above the triple clamp and sag in the 95-100 range.  Every time I read about recommended sag numbers, they are always say around 105 or so.  Even with 20mm triple clamps, I felt the front end didn't want to sit in turns when I had my sag at 105.  Does the fact that I'm running sag in the 95-100 range point to some kind of problem else where in my suspension?

Some people just like a bike to pivot well on the front

I'm 210 with no gear.  .50 in the forks, 5.9 in the shock.  They were recommended to me from Enzo, who I bought them from.  Haven't measured my static sag but I'll check it out.  The stock springs I would bottom out so i moved up to stiffer springs.  For a while I was running a .47 in one fork and a .50 in the other to see if I would like the fork a little softer and I ended up switching back the the .50's.