Sign in to follow this  

fcr-mx-39mm o ring mod?

Ive been looking into the o ring mods and bk mod since ive got my carb.

i have a couple questions.

What is the o rings actually job. Does it lock the tho mechanisms together or is it limiting the throw.

Ive seen some people doing the oring mod with safety wire also.  Wouldnt that be a better idea 

BK mod just makes more sense to me because you can set the squirt duration to what ever you want.

would it be best to do both?

Edited by psilokatalist

With safety-wire you have to make sure the mechanism won't jam (diaphragm stopper length), whereas the o-ring will have a little give. O-rings eventually break, safety wire is forever. Both work, personally I have two o-rings installed.

• Like 1

Ive been looking into the o ring mods and bk mod since ive got my carb.

i have a couple questions.

What is the o rings actually job. Does it lock the tho mechanisms together or is it limiting the throw.

Ive seen some people doing the oring mod with safety wire also.  Wouldnt that be a better idea 

BK mod just makes more sense to me because you can set the squirt duration to what ever you want.

would it be best to do both?

Forget about the BK mod.......The O ring mod is the only mod required for the FCRMX carb..

The o ring or wire links the ap arms together and forces the ap squirt out early in the stroke ....(it shortens the squirt duration)..

Either method is fine if done correctly, the wire will last longer.....

Can someone link the write up for this mod if there is one?

Or just take a pic of theirs already done.

You are awesome.

That was super quick. Now I get to go home and do it.

Thanks a lot. Ride on

If you become accustomed with the search feature, there is a ton of info waiting for ya on the end of your finger tips... :thumbsup:

• Like 2