Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha 2003 raptor 660 wont start

i need help my 03 raptor 660 will not startwhen i try to start hershe jus keeps turning but never cuts on with or without choke unless i hit the throtle she cuts on but then dies as soon as i let go of throttle  any ideas i need to get her running shes my transportation to n from work 

we are going to need a little more info.

How long since the last carb clean? Spark plug? Air Filter?

How long ago did it start?

Was is a sudden issue or a progressing issue?

I would throw in a new plug and make sure the filter is clean.  If that doesn't work I would do a compression test.  If good compression, carb clean.  If no compression BINGO!

and by bingo he means check your valve clearences;)...easy procedure

we are going to need a little more info.

How long since the last carb clean? Spark plug? Air Filter?

How long ago did it start?

Was is a sudden issue or a progressing issue?

I would throw in a new plug and make sure the filter is clean.  If that doesn't work I would do a compression test.  If good compression, carb clean.  If no compression BINGO!

one day i was riding and it jus started sputtering when hit throttle but idled fine i thought it was mygas so i switched tank to reserve it moved fine i ttok it home that was about a week ago n it hasnt   started since i have had it for few months and never cleaned carb

sounds like a gummed up carb to me. Also like rex said checking the valves should be one of the first to try as well. But valves generally wont cause bogging at high rpms, unless they are way out of wack.  But they will make it difficult to start.

one day i was riding and it jus started sputtering when hit throttle but idled fine i thought it was mygas so i switched tank to reserve it moved fine i ttok it home that was about a week ago n it hasnt   started since i have had it for few months and never cleaned carb

dirty carb, clean it out really well, make sure all the holes inside are not plugged, check your float bowl and needles for any damage or worn.  that should do it. If not, like the other guys said, check your compression and valves,mostly likely your valves are out of spec.