Sign in to follow this  

Cr250 casings

Hi all, some might remember me. Im fixing a cr250 99' . My casings had a hole in them.. so i drove 700km to go and look as secondhand ones... anyone have an idea what the har closest residue is on it? Has it been fixed???

1402265618595.jpg

Clean them up good with a green scotch brite pad and dish soap and water , then check it out . i wouldn't pick at it as whatever it is seems to be holding . Then see if you can tell what it is, all that oxidation needs to be gone thought . 

Hi, ill get back to you guys.. here is more pics, its a bit tight now with brother that was in a car accident over the weekend. His gf is now in a state hospital.. which is very bad.. . Ill have some time Wednesday to clean it good. Thank for the comments and jeff... why not? Gonna be a kickass bike when im done

• Like 1

I was jk about the hammer, btw.

It does look repaired.  i generally stay away from repaired cases...finding one that is trustworthy is like finding a unicorn

• Like 1

I was jk about the hammer, btw.

It does look repaired.  i generally stay away from repaired cases...finding one that is trustworthy is like finding a unicorn

It could happen  :thumbsup:

Those bearings i'm sure you can get at least another 300 or so hours out of.

I bought the 2 big casings, gears, clutch complete (remember my basket had that scratches? You said use 400grid. ) now its shap. Has the stator in. Water pump , flywheel.. just the clutch cover and casing wirh cdi thats not there. Paid 90$ for it.

Honestly, is these casing oky to use with the pretly putty?

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it looks like it's holding up well, and the fact that , that's what you have to work with . Any kind of fixes or cracks on the outside in that spot ?