Sign in to follow this  

FCR to motor boot

Does this look right? There is a small amount of shiny metal visable on the head where the air boot mounts. I put this boot on first and then the airbox boot, and pushed the carb as far forward as possible, I'm just looking for confirmation that this is normal. It still allows enough collar for the clamp to hold. Is there a way to get it more forward?

I've seen people having trouble getting the airbox boot to fit, and that was the easy part for me, just second guessing myself on this. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402270921.606196.jpg

• Like 1

Its ok,  but not on all the way,  you need to leave it clamped on the air boot,  leave the clamp on thats on the carb side,  loosen the motor clamp,  and push really hard on the air box boot,  that will push it forward,  then tighten the engine clamp,  needs to go on another 1/8-1/4 of an inch imo.

• Like 2

Thanks. That's what I thought, but when I put it on I was shoving that thing as far forward as it would go. I'll give it another go tomorrow. What size hammer should I use to help it along?

Thanks. That's what I thought, but when I put it on I was shoving that thing as far forward as it would go. I'll give it another go tomorrow. What size hammer should I use to help it along?

I suggest a 16lb sledge hammer  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I always put a small film of grease on my air boot to help it go together easier