I'm 5'8" and I weigh about 140 pounds. We do mostly trail riding and fire roads but we, my family, go to tracks with some regularity. I want the 150rb but my dad thinks I should get the 230. He's concerned about all the maintenance a race bike takes. Is it really that much and if so is it complicated? I'm willing to maintain it. I was just looking for someone who's experienced both bikes and could tell me which is a better fit. Thanks.

At 5.8 I would go with a 230, I'm 5.5 and I have a 150RB and I'm just about too big for it.

Well I was going to get the RB version so it would be the same seat height as a 230

Would that be too big for me to handle? Not concerned about weight so much as height. That bike is great except it's in Chicago. I'm in Washington.

Thats my bike, and it could easily be crated and shipped direct from Service Honda.

I don't think my dad would go for shipping and it's more than i need/ want to pay for. I fit great on a 230 and the 250 is three inches higher. I'm pretty strong so you think I could handle a 250 just fine?

I don't think my dad would go for shipping and it's more than i need/ want to pay for. I fit great on a 230 and the 250 is three inches higher. I'm pretty strong so you think I could handle a 250 just fine?

250x or wr250f are both easier to ride than a 230. More power and better suspension with the same weight.

Would there be any need for lowering? Thanks for the help. Trying to convince my dad.

If needed you can take an inch out of the seat. If you don't ride aggressive you can softer the suspension and drop the clamps.

I wouldn't go with a wr250 or a crf250x. They're just dumbed down versions of their mx brothers. I'm 13 5'9" 150lbs and I ride a 150rb. I'd like to move up to a 250 but the class I'm racing in now has a 150cc limit. I'd recommend the 150rb for you as just kind of a stepping stone on your way to a 250.

• Like 1

I wouldn't go with a wr250 or a crf250x. They're just dumbed down versions of their mx brothers. I'm 13 5'9" 150lbs and I ride a 150rb. I'd like to move up to a 250 but the class I'm racing in now has a 150cc limit. I'd recommend the 150rb for you as just kind of a stepping stone on your way to a 250.

For trail riding as OP stated the crf250x and WR250f are great bikes. If you wanted you can add all/most the MX motor parts to the trail bikes for the best of both worlds keeping with a trail theme. Nothing better on a MX track then a MX bike. For the mini, the 150r is a good compromise however full size bikes there's plenty of choices much better for the trail.

• Like 1

For trail riding as OP stated the crf250x and WR250f are great bikes. If you wanted you can add all/most the MX motor parts to the trail bikes for the best of both worlds keeping with a trail theme. Nothing better on a MX track then a MX bike. For the mini, the 150r is a good compromise however full size bikes there's plenty of choices much better for the trail.

+1 What Weantright said. This man has common sense. Listen to him.