Sign in to follow this  

Williamsburg area

I am going to try this again. I am in the process of moving there should be there in two weeks. Getting kinda of nervous about the lack of riding there! It also seems like most of the vchss racing are pretty far.

Could some one give me a run down on the area?

And on a positive note there is a lot of Mtb trails local. Looking for some to ride either or both...

I am on vacation with my family brought my bike to Williamsburg I plan on riding either here

http://www.outdoortrackandtrail.com/Statepages/VA/va09001.htm#B

Or Slades Park

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/virginia_09103/ride_8d47.htm

You could always travel down to Brushy mountain motorsports Park in NC. from what I have seen around here that is the best bet.

Thanks!! Not looking good on riding out there! Which is surprising to me!! Maybe there is a secret hand shake out there to let us in on the good practice loops! I can only pray!

Let me know what you find please!

There’s no secret hand shake just not much around here most places are 4hrs away but they are good trials and tracks the links mountaincove sent has all the information on riding places in Virginia I’m down in Virginia beach and do most of my riding at slades it's not much but it's all we have around here. 

I live 20 minutes from slades. It's a POS. It hasn't had upkeep in almost ten years, very very dangerous place. If you're willing to drive, busco is good, ncmp is great from what I hear. You do have a track not too far from you that's awesome called southfork competition park. Great track and great owners from my experience with them. Look at tidewater dirtriders. They have a few hundred acres of riding literally almost in Williamsburg. There is a fee and they do require some work days. But I think it would be worth it for you.

Thanks for the info on tide water! And also the local tracks! I am going to email tidewater just wondering how there club works!

Was a member of tidewater dirtriders for a few years, good club. As for slides I know it’s not the world’s best but all I do is trails been going every month for years no tracks for me. Everything else is 4hrs plus away. Busco is a place I will never ride again been there twice and had some close calls. My Son’s friend someone on an ATV ran into him kept going, 38 stitches almost took off his knee. NCMP nice place to ride trails and tracks has it all, been to the western part of Virginia they have some good trails and tracks around Martinsville, riderplanet has a nice list of places to ride in every state   

Was a member of tidewater dirtriders for a few years, good club. As for slides I know it’s not the world’s best but all I do is trails been going every month for years no tracks for me. Everything else is 4hrs plus away. Busco is a place I will never ride again been there twice and had some close calls. My Son’s friend someone on an ATV ran into him kept going, 38 stitches almost took off his knee. NCMP nice place to ride trails and tracks has it all, been to the western part of Virginia they have some good trails and tracks around Martinsville, riderplanet has a nice list of places to ride in every state

i still ride slades a lot just due to the fact it's so close. I'll be there next Saturday. Come on out!

Was out there last weekend on saturday so i don't think i can make it this weekend, quality time with the wife and all. (but it is fathers day weekend) they cut some new trials must of had a hairscrabble race a few weeks back. if you go through the kiddie section stay to the right just before you go into the woods there is a small opening on the left then follow the orange or pink tape on the trees when you make it through that section and come out keep going across then through the next section back out and around to the right down and around back up and into the woods again had a good time on that one never found the starting point. if i make it out i drive a white dodge dakota i park up behind the restrooms most of the time i get there around 9:00 right when they open. i ride a crf230F so i'm a little slow. 

Nice track in Charles City. Heard Roberts track and trail was okay but expensive. Have great trails here on private land but I can't just invite heards of people back here. That, and I'm moving in a couple weeks.

Was out there last weekend on saturday so i don't think i can make it this weekend, quality time with the wife and all. (but it is fathers day weekend) they cut some new trials must of had a hairscrabble race a few weeks back. if you go through the kiddie section stay to the right just before you go into the woods there is a small opening on the left then follow the orange or pink tape on the trees when you make it through that section and come out keep going across then through the next section back out and around to the right down and around back up and into the woods again had a good time on that one never found the starting point. if i make it out i drive a white dodge dakota i park up behind the restrooms most of the time i get there around 9:00 right when they open. i ride a crf230F so i'm a little slow.

yeah that must be new trail. They don't hold races there anymore. TDR and vchss tried holding them there in the early 2000s to try and make a better riding area but the Slades family really doesn't give two shits about making it any better. That's the first maintenance/ new trail I have ever seen there in the past 3 years I've been riding there.

Nice track in Charles City. Heard Roberts track and trail was okay but expensive. Have great trails here on private land but I can't just invite heards of people back here. That, and I'm moving in a couple weeks.

Roberts is good but not worth the ridiculous membership for me since I'm going to an out of state college

i also ride a yz250 and will

Be there with my little bro who's got a yz144. Will be driving a tan jacked up Tahoe.

Hey just got all unpacked! Ready to ride, anybody riding this week or weekend?

Keeping an eye on the weather, if we don't get to much rain will be riding at Slades on Saturday it's not the best but it's all we have close everything else is 4hrs away. I ride a CRF230F so I'm not that fast just ride for fun.

im riding tomorrow at southfork competition park and racing there Sunday. Not too far away from Williamsburg!