Sign in to follow this  

Translucent powdercoating

I'm lookin into eighther doing it myself or finding a reputable place to sandblast and translucent powder coat my hubs and nipples.. This requires a chrome base coat and then whatever color u prefer for a finish. Can any one refer me to someone who is really good at this or tell me how ur powder coating experiences went

Anodized billet hubs are pretty cheap nowadays. Just another idea. 

I used to use a chromer in phoenix...but i dont have contact info.

Anodized billet hubs are pretty cheap nowadays. Just another idea. 

I used to use a chromer in phoenix...but i dont have contact info.

I wish that i could find an anodizer, not that easy to find one...so I like the idea of the PC, but I'm not familiar w/what the OP is talking about.

With those trans colors u gotta be careful cuz it may not look the way it did on the sample card. I run a jollipop blue from powderbuythepound and it came out lighter than the sample card. Found out for the parts i am coating it was best to use no base coat and just bare aluminum. I know it doesnt answer your question but, wanted to give you a heads up that it may not look 100% how u want and some shops do not warn of this. I will tell you though, powder coating is the easiest form of painting i have done lol. Cheap to get into as well. Bought a simple craftsman all in one powder coating gun, ordered some powder and followed some diy instructions online and my stuff has been turning out great. Aside from powder i am in it for $45 and just use an old oven off CL

Darkside mxer : I wanna get a nice blue for my hubs then have a red Renthal sprocket I got black excel rims. What are some good heavy duty spokes for me to buy? Can I send me pics of how ur hubs tuned out

With those trans colors u gotta be careful cuz it may not look the way it did on the sample card. I run a jollipop blue from powderbuythepound and it came out lighter than the sample card. Found out for the parts i am coating it was best to use no base coat and just bare aluminum. I know it doesnt answer your question but, wanted to give you a heads up that it may not look 100% how u want and some shops do not warn of this. I will tell you though, powder coating is the easiest form of painting i have done lol. Cheap to get into as well. Bought a simple craftsman all in one powder coating gun, ordered some powder and followed some diy instructions online and my stuff has been turning out great. Aside from powder i am in it for $45 and just use an old oven off CL

I saw that craftsman gun....it sure is tempting....

Havent gotten around to the hubs yet lol. In fl its always riding season! Here are the levers on my motard. Used jollipop blue. No base coat. Just be warned you will use ALOT of that powder for 1 part. Especially compared to super wet gloss. Its a 95% gloss, love this powder! All this was done @ home with a toaster oven and an hour of free time. Did passenger pegs. Both levers. Shifter lever. Bar clamps. Lever clamps. Ignition key holder. Hose clamps. Starter cover. Engine covers. Rear rack. Frame guards.

20140228_141413_zps005206d6.jpg

20140208_204030_zps78d7843c.jpg

20140108_132924_zpsb0403b04.jpg

• Like 1