Sign in to follow this  

SPOKE FELL OUT/ NO AIR IN TIRE

I was doing some slow riding on my crf450r and heard a metal slap, I got off my bike but I didnt see anything wrong.

I get home and notice my rear tire is nearly out of air... after further investigation.. I notice one of my spokes are missing!:(

I was supposed to go riding in two days with friends, but It is unsafe to do so.

What are my possible options?

Anybody know where to buy individual spokes?

any help is appreciated, thanks.

Edited by 98kawi125

Man I had the same thing happen to we but I got lucky. I was pushing my kx250 in the she's and I heard a tingging noise look at the the back rim and a spoke was just hagging there it was on the sprocket side. Like I said I just had to re-tighten it.

I cant ride w/o it.. it lets all the air out.

and no shop here in Ontario, Canada sells them seperately. (not that ik of).

maybe ill try craigalist/kijiji

How does it let the air out? There is a tube in there. More likely is the metal piece that the spoke screws into is inside your rim and it put a hole in your tube.

Take the tire off, pull the tube out, check it for leaks. Patch or replace and find the the spoke nipple inside there. You can get away with a light trail ride with one spoke missing, no big deal. I wouldn't race it or ride moto without it there though. That is just me though, some guys have been riding for years on a rim with one or more spokes missing. Make sure you check the rest of the spokes, front and back, while you are working on it.

• Like 1

as someone posted, honda sells individual spokes. And i agree, take the wheel off, break the bead, pull the old tube out, put a new tube in, should be good to go for a weekend. Make sure the rim strip is there where the spoke is missing, doubt it's a good idea to have the tube rubbing on the open spoke hole.. i just use duct tape as rim strip.

If you're going through the trouble of pulling the tube you can easily replace the missing spoke and nipple set. Don't re-use the old nipple.

• Like 1