1984 kdx200 how can the cylinder be replated to 68.5?

Cylinder would have to be bored out to the 68.5, which is probably not possible. Don't know that much about the early KDXs, but the newer ones have a 66.1 wear limit and can't be bored (unless you're going to sleeve it). Issues with exhaust valve clearances and such. Get a piston to fit the cylinder instead of trying to get the cylinder to fit the piston. ?

They were plated back then. Kawasaki has been plating their cylinders (electrofusion) on the KXs since the early 70s. Our 75 KX250 cyl.

is plated.

I know the KX's had it but I'm not sure the KDX had it before '89. Back to the original question, if the KDX that year had the plating, and the cylinder has enough material you can bore it that far, you could overbore it and then have it plated.

Ive had/have several 84 200s and they are plated.  I bought one brand new in june of 84 and my current 84 is plated. Also had a 84 KDX250 and it was plated. Whats a 240 kit bore go out to? I know they had them for the 200s back then.

• Like 1

Call up Fredette Racing Products and speak to Jeff. I heard that you can use a piston from a newer KDX200 as a replacement. I believe the bore and stroke remained the same throughout the years. If its the original plating you may want to think about getting it replated to be safe. My 84 project is thin in spots.