Sign in to follow this  

Washington Rode Naches from FS 70 today

I put in at the end of the pavement next to the outhouse. Rode the 4 x 4 road to the first peak and then had to turn around do to un passable patch of snow. Dropped down on the road and stopped to see the condition of the beggining of 941/Pyramid peak ? A snow patch in the trees about 100 yards in was too deep. I then took the road to the upper 941 and rode about two miles until a blowdown stopped me. I was not in the mood to work real hard so I turned around.post-78771-0-24998700-1402283260_thumb.j

I took the road to Lost Meadow and explored that area for the rest of the day. Trail 963 had been cleared and was in excellent shape and the dirt was moist and tacky.post-78771-0-13846000-1402283387_thumb.jpost-78771-0-16419100-1402283467_thumb.j

I never tried to get to Ravens Roost. I met a rider who did by way of the FS road. He said there was too much snow to get to the top. I completed the 963 loop then headed out to do some more exploring. It was a awesome day to ride.   post-78771-0-42840100-1402283833_thumb.j        Will be going back next weekend when it officially opens and begin clearing starting at Pyramid and working through the 941. 

Let me know if you would like to join in. I am sure there is a lot of trees to clear.

Russ

Naches 941.JPG

Naches 963 1.JPG

Naches 963 2.JPG

Naches meadow.JPG

• Like 4

I'm in. what day are you thinking?

6am Safeway, breakfast up the road at Charlies?

6am Safeway, breakfast up the road at Charlies?

I most likely will camp at the trail head Friday night and get started early. I am sure you will have no problem catching up with me.

I am trying to recruit some more help. I have a chain saw. We could really get a lot done with two saws and support. 

The 4x4 trail head? What time do you plan on hitting the trail.? 

have you tried getting around using green pass? usually clear before pyramid.  (turn left at the rd in the dip before you head up the hill to the out house staging).  

The 4x4 trail head? What time do you plan on hitting the trail.? 

The beggining of the single track. Isn't it called Pyramid peak ? That section where we ran across the hikers crossing the road a couple years ago. There was a couple huge logs on the 4 x 4 road that are going to need a large blade

Edited by RussFinancesHomes.com

have you tried getting around using green pass? usually clear before pyramid.  (turn left at the rd in the dip before you head up the hill to the out house staging).  

Isn't Pyramid the begining of the singe track on that side ?

Come join us