USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Questions about my powercommander and auto tune for my 2014 rmz 450

So I just got a killer deal on a 2014 rmz 450. I sent my suspension out to factory connection to be revalved and sprung, because i heard the stock settings are 50% of what they should be. So I bought a full yoshimura T, with the power commander V and I also added the dynojet auto tune that is suppose to be piggy backed with the PC. So I didn't realize that you have to weld a bung to the header. Does anyone know any pros and cons with this set up? I am hesitant to drill a hole in my new yohimura titanium header. Can someone recommend a reputable shop to weld this bung to my header? I live in colorado so the tracks are at all different elevations and I wanted to take advantage of the auto tune on the fly. Also does anybody know some sweet maps I can download to my PC?

New member,

Thanks

I had yosh weld mine when I bought it from them. The Ti bung is $50 and the labor was 75.

Yep, not cheap. If I had your bike I would try and return the pc and vet the yosh unit with their maps

So I just got a killer deal on a 2014 rmz 450. I sent my suspension out to factory connection to be revalved and sprung, because i heard the stock settings are 50% of what they should be. So I bought a full yoshimura T, with the power commander V and I also added the dynojet auto tune that is suppose to be piggy backed with the PC. So I didn't realize that you have to weld a bung to the header. Does anyone know any pros and cons with this set up? I am hesitant to drill a hole in my new yohimura titanium header. Can someone recommend a reputable shop to weld this bung to my header? I live in colorado so the tracks are at all different elevations and I wanted to take advantage of the auto tune on the fly. Also does anybody know some sweet maps I can download to my PC?

New member,

Thanks

Use your stock header for the auto tune (for the welded in bung) and then take it off and reinstall your Yosh header.

Keep in mind that you will need to have a SS bung instead of the Ti bung. That way you will not have to weld into your new Yosh, and the bung will not be damaged in a crash.

Edited by BDubb106

I had yosh weld mine when I bought it from them. The Ti bung is $50 and the labor was 75.

Yep, not cheap. If I had your bike I would try and return the pc and vet the yosh unit with their maps

Hey bruce, do you run with the auto jet? Will it hook up to a yoshimura unit?

Hey bruce, do you run with the auto jet? Will it hook up to a yoshimura unit?

Use your stock header for the auto tune (for the welded in bung) and then take it off and reinstall your Yosh header.

Keep in mind that you will need to have a SS bung instead of the Ti bung. That way you will not have to weld into your new Yosh, and the bung will not be damaged in a crash.

Doesn't the autotune constantly look for new data? Will my bike run good with out it hooked up if I decide to put my T header on?

Doesn't the autotune constantly look for new data? Will my bike run good with out it hooked up if I decide to put my T header on?

It will run exactly the same as it did with the auto tune installed. There are a few guys on here that do this. They will install the stock header and ride the bike and then swap headers out before they hit the track for practice or for a race. Unless weather changes drastically throughout the week or you are doing some major elevation changes it will not have any effect on how the motor runs. Throwing the bung back on once every week or two and riding the bike will be enough to tune the motor for temp changes etc. 

Edited by BDubb106

the autoTune is like a dyno constantly hooked up to your bike. It will begin making AFR adjustments as soon as you start it up. Remember though that the autoTune does not begin making trim adjustments until you start riding about 1500 rpms. The autoTune will not work from 0% throttle. Or 500-1500rpm. Next, as a reminder if you want to use your Ti Header, then first insert the bung into the OEM header, (welded of course) create your Target AFR ratios, upload a Fuel map on PC website, then go ride the bike for 20min hard. Then come back, hook up the Lap Top, click on GET MAP, then click on TRIMS, (if trims are within (-20 to +20) then click on Accept all trims). Then click on Fuel Map, you'll notice that the trims you accepted adjusted your fuel map. Go ride again, keep doing this until your trims get as close to -10 to +10. Then save your map. Then after all this tuning, put on the Ti Header, and leave your friends in the Dust
  • Like 1

Cool thanks for the great info guys! I decided to send my header into Yoshimura to have them professionally install the bung on my Ti header. Can't wait to test out my new RMZ next week. Hoping to ride thundervalley in Lakewood colorado next Wednesday.

• Like 1

That's the best way, the stock header is also titanium so you have the issue no matter.

If you get a slip on, the mid section might be steel....I tried this first and it was a nightmare.

I think I will save my map like above and take off my auto tune.

Also, dont alter the map below 3500 rpm. The auto tune cant see the signal down low and it throws things off to make a flame out.

Cool thanks for the great info guys! I decided to send my header into Yoshimura to have them professionally install the bung on my Ti header. Can't wait to test out my new RMZ next week. Hoping to ride thundervalley in Lakewood colorado next Wednesday.

hey buddy, when your have your Target AFR all settled at thunder valley, will you Pm me with Target AFR settings? I Live in Rio Rancho NM and I would like to go to T.V also
  • Like 1