Sign in to follow this  

Hour meter registers buy not corrrctly.

I recently put a brand new hr meter on my 2012 RMZ250. I bought one for 4stroke. I had a bit of trouble getting it to work but I got it working by wrapping the wire around the very top of the plastic plug bit above the rubber boot thingy. It seems to work but I was just out for about 3 hrs and it went from 1.6 hrs to 1.9 hrs. I definitely rode for at least 1.5 hrs.

Can anyone suggest why the meter would not clock up all the hrs?

Thanks

on my 12 bike, I had to wrap the wire around the coil, under the rubber top cap, tricky but can be done.

Thought those models were supposed to be wrapped around the wire not the boot.  :ride:

It has a plug coil on the plug so no pulse on the wire before the plug.

I didn't really want to mess around with the wire going through the rubber boot because that will let crap get in the plug hole.

Plus I'm not sure I will be able to get the plug to go in properly if the wire is wrapped around that 4/5 times?

Maybe wireless is the way to go?

Cheers for the replies.

I have mine wrapped around the boot. Works great. Put the wire between the boot and the rubber seal, then wrap the wire. never had water get into mine, good luck

I just tried it with it going through the rubber seal and wrapped bellow but it wouldn't fit back in the plug hole as I feared. So I have wrapped it as best I could under the boot and up and I'm still not sure it's working any different to how it was before. Here's a pic

1402644977820.jpg

Is this a works connection hour meter?

I have the same coil type as you, I was able to wrap the thinner red part of the wire under the seal and fit the coil back in the hole with no problem.... apply grease around that seal to make sure dirt/water doesnt get in.

Also, make sure you have the hour meter set to 0.5ppr for EFI bikes, they are programmed for carb bikes (1.0ppr) by default and will no read the hours accurately.