Sign in to follow this  

1995 cr 125

Hey guys, I just bought a 1995 cr 125 with a bad jug. Im not sure where to start cause I dont think I can press out the sleeve and I dont think I want to bore it out. What would be my best move to get this thing going? This is my first project bike and I want to do it right. I dont think any other year cylinders would work either. Thanks

Have a look on the internet for a new cylinder jug for that bike I would be certain that there is one for sale out there

Hey guys, I just bought a 1995 cr 125 with a bad jug. Im not sure where to start cause I dont think I can press out the sleeve and I dont think I want to bore it out. What would be my best move to get this thing going? This is my first project bike and I want to do it right. I dont think any other year cylinders would work either. Thanks

What is wrong with the cylinder?  If you have bad plating, it can be replated for close to the price of a new cylinder.  By the way, cylinders from 90-99 are all compatable.  92-97 are the best fit though.  If you just need to replate the cylinder, get in touch with Millenium technologies and they can do that for you.  If it already has a steel sleeve in it, I would get the new cylinder.

Cool. Thanks ill look for a new cylinder. My cylinder has 4 deep grooves in it.

Even with the grooves if it still has the factory nicasil plating it can be repaired for probably cheaper than buying a new cylinder. 

If I do end up having to get a new cylinder head will have to pull all the power valve shit out of it? Im pretty dumb with this shit, trying to learn as I go. I better buy a book.

If I do end up having to get a new cylinder head will have to pull all the power valve shit out of it? Im pretty dumb with this shit, trying to learn as I go. I better buy a book.

Yes, if you buy a new cylinder everything has to be swapped over ( studs, powervalve,exhaust manifold ect. The new cylinders are bare bones