Sign in to follow this  

What's the big deal with the '13 250Fs?

Hey guys. So i took my bike out for it's first track/trail ride today. Love the thing! Couldn't be happier.

My question is this, when parked at the truck or at the stands taking a break on the track, people see my bike and ask what year it is. I tell them it's a 13 and they get all pissy. What's the deal? Do I have a POS? Or do I have a rare bike that a lot of people wanted??

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

It's a new bike so people are jealous. Simple as that.  I pull in with a new bike and also get questions. Then I tell them I'm a total beginner and it really pisses them off!

• Like 1

It's a new bike so people are jealous. Simple as that. I pull in with a new bike and also get questions. Then I tell them I'm a total beginner and it really pisses them off!

Hahaha. Nice! I guess you could say I'm a beginner. I haven't ridden a dirt bike in over 9 years. Went riding with some friends/co workers. Got the bug again. Bought new and will never sell this thing!

What do you mean? Like do they say it sucks or do they act jealous?  I figured now that the 14 is out ppl think the previous gen bike sucks. I personally think it is a good bike, just needs a few mods to be really good. Either way who cares what people say/think. You have a very good new bike, probably the most reliable 250F and 1 of the best looking. Enjoy.

• Like 1

In our sport your gonna run into alot of people who are so self absorbed, unless you're an A class rider you shouldnt be riding and especially a new bike. I get all kinds of nasty looks especially from the little spoiled kids on the kx85's on my new 2014. I dump it, I dumped my 2012 too, Ive only been riding for 2 years on and off. Its a dirt bike its meant to be dropped, etc. I was raised by a single mom and can afford a new bike, people need to focus on just riding and enjoying the comradery, the sport in general. Not sure what it is about mx but it breeds some arrogant a**holes. I just try to be different, loan people my tools, share my pop up, etc. Dont get me wrong have met some really cool "normal" people too. But you'll find especially here in the NE alot of the previous mentioned. Just be you and try not to be one of the "cool guys". Enough of my soak box. Enjoy your new bike, loved my 2012, super reliable, great handling. Roommate loves it now. lol.

• Like 2

In our sport your gonna run into alot of people who are so self absorbed, unless you're an A class rider you shouldnt be riding and especially a new bike. I get all kinds of nasty looks especially from the little spoiled kids on the kx85's on my new 2014. I dump it, I dumped my 2012 too, Ive only been riding for 2 years on and off. Its a dirt bike its meant to be dropped, etc. I was raised by a single mom and can afford a new bike, people need to focus on just riding and enjoying the comradery, the sport in general. Not sure what it is about mx but it breeds some arrogant a**holes. I just try to be different, loan people my tools, share my pop up, etc. Dont get me wrong have met some really cool "normal" people too. But you'll find especially here in the NE alot of the previous mentioned. Just be you and try not to be one of the "cool guys". Enough of my soak box. Enjoy your new bike, loved my 2012, super reliable, great handling. Roommate loves it now. lol.

Thank you! Yes it's the snobby lil kids in there clapped out 125s and the Goon Squad guys on the KTMs. I ride it like it's mine, and do my own thing. Hell it took it first track ride yesterday and I washed out the front on a berm! Haha. Ride your own ride.