Sign in to follow this  

Boot cleaning

Hi guys

It's getting cold here and I'm getting sick of cleaning my boots in zero temps. Would it be ok to put my boots (Sidi Crossfires) into the dishwasher to clean them (fast wash only). Just worried I could damage them, especially the internals, with the high temps.

IImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402323773.399970.jpg

Throw them in my sink, spray on This stuff ^ (which is clean werks)...get of tough stuck dirt with a washcloth and rinse off

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402323773.399970.jpg

When you are done riding, keep all your gear on.  Go to local car wash and stroll through.

• Like 4

I pressure wash mine every ride. And Every so often I put mine in the washer and dryer on gentle cycle. (Astars tech 10). I've done about a dozen times. They come out looking and smelling brand new. However the machines shake badly and that's probably not to good for them but no issues yet.

Call me lazy, I rarely clean my boots unless they are muddy.  My boots reek no matter what I do to them, why bother wiping them clean??  I wash all my gear--I could every time I ride to account for it all, 13 pieces:

1. Glove
  2. Glove
  3. Helmet cheek pad
  4. Helmet cheek pad
  5. Helmet liner pad
  6. Jersey
  7. Pants
  8. Knee pad
  9. Knee pad
  10. Elbow pad
  11. Elbow pad
  12. Sock
  13. Sock

Adding boots to the gear cleaning routine would be just that much more work.

I never wash my boots and only wash my pants and jersey and gloves about every 5th ride (read 20 hrs of motor time on the hour meter average). Almost never wash the jacket either as that takes away it's waterproofness. Who need to be clean when riding?

So I caught a gap yesterday evening and stuck them in the dishwasher. Came our beautifully, especially the interiors. Also removed much of the worn in dirt on the outside. Just be sure to do another cycle with some dishes afterwards to get ride of the foam from whatever you used to give your boots a pre-clean!