Sign in to follow this  

Bad things to do while engine building

I know we talk about everything to do while doing engine builds , how about things that are an absolute  :naughty: . This guy i wouldn't let change a tire on my push mower . 

Love his method of putting the cases back together. As well as polishing the intake on a 2 stroke. Genius

wrestling that new piston pin with channel locks and then pound it in with an extension made me kring.  :thumbsdn:

A few things in that video made me cringe

like the lb. of grease on the clutch rod then put the clutches and piston in dry ?  :lol:

like the lb. of grease on the clutch rod then put the clutches and piston in dry ? :lol:

That's the best way to seat the clutch and your bike makes cool smoke!! Edited by zotis777

By looks of it it looks like this guy did not use a drop of oil or grease any seals when assembling the entire bottom end but hey...at least he used a torque wrench  :smirk:

By looks of it it looks like this guy did not use a drop of oil or grease any seals when assembling the entire bottom end but hey...at least he used a torque wrench :smirk:

Nonono see, he greased the push rod for the clutch. Obviously the part in the bottom end that takes the most frictional abuse