USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

I shouldn't have to pull the clutch all the way to the bar to disengage right?

Also, I have a new perch and cable and it's completely screwed all the way out. The bike will die will the clutch pulled all the way in while in gear. It's an 04. I have no idea how old the clutch is. Could it be wore out? Is there a way for me to check without opening the right side up?

Cheers!

New cable as well

I want to be able to use the 2 finger approach in the woods, but I have to constantly blip the throttle to keep the bike running. It's kind of a pain when I need to grab the front brake and the bike dies.

Edited by FullTilt151

I thought maybe the cable that was on it had stretched, so I put a new one on. Same as the old one, I had to screw the adjusters all the way out. I guess there's no way to know without checking the plates? There's really nothing else it could be eh?

If you have the screw adjusters all the way out, is there any free play at the lever? But it sounds as though you need a clutch. Unless the basket is badly notched. But its easy enough to do. You dont have to pull the entire side cover off, there should be just a clutch cover with a reusable rubber O-ring. 6 or so bolts and you're looking at the clutch pressure plate.

No slack at the lever. I guess I'll pull the cover tonight after work. 

So, next question: do those 'make your own' gasket materials you can get from Auto-Zone work? 

As long as you only pull the round clutch cover, it should be sealed by a rubber O-ring, not a gasket. Just make sure its not broken, clean and seated in its groove and it should seal back up just fine