Sign in to follow this  

Advise on XR250 brakes?

Hi all, I'm still reading through old threads, but thought I'd go for a quick answer too.

My bike has the original brakes which are working fine (rear is thin and grabby) but I'm planning on the imminent brake job.

Question is should I expect to need anything other than pads and pins?

I'll rebuild the calipers another time or if necessary, am planning to change fluid this time and have a brake bleader. Otherwise just hoping to replace the pads and lube the caliper. I'm looking at the OEM schematics and see a few other small parts. Haven't pushed the buy button yet on the pads so could still include some and don't mind having the spares.

thanks

Yeah, thanks. That's what's in the basket and hear they come with new pins. Just wondering if I should expect to need anything else.

Hi all, I'm still reading through old threads, but thought I'd go for a quick answer too.

My bike has the original brakes which are working fine (rear is thin and grabby) but I'm planning on the imminent brake job.

Question is should I expect to need anything other than pads and pins?

I'll rebuild the calipers another time or if necessary, am planning to change fluid this time and have a brake bleader. Otherwise just hoping to replace the pads and lube the caliper. I'm looking at the OEM schematics and see a few other small parts. Haven't pushed the buy button yet on the pads so could still include some and don't mind having the spares.

thanks

Slap the pads in along with the pins. Clean the sliders that the caliper moves on and lube them with disc brake grease.

Bleed those suckers. Nobody bleeds their brakes as often as they should.

Crf front brake will bolt on and you can find newer models cheap on eBay.

I fit crf rear brake with some welding but think I might have a simpler way to adapt the rears using a cr500 rotor

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. Def tempted to get OEM, but the cost with pins is double of the EBC pads. I ordered sintered EBC pads for both ends and will see.

I'm a chronic rear break dragger and am considering a different pad, but this will do for now.

cheers