Sign in to follow this  

100x90 tire on 03 YZ250F

Got a flat and didnt realize it right away.

One more lap, then I had to stop to see why my bike was so sloppy=flat.

Took it off and the bands seem broke where the bead lock was.....totally bent, folded there.

So, new tire.

Is 100x90 the standard size tire for this thing?

I see some many 110x100 sizes.  Does it make a huge difference?

Coo

OK then, I'll buy what they have at the local bike store.

Looking at the inside of my silencer, the dirt is rubbed off from the tire under full compression.  Is the 110 so much wider than the 100 that it will have interference?

Dangit, just used my lunch hour to run back and forth to the neighboring town and the two bike shops there.

The KTM dealer (mostly Harly and Triumph) had a new 100x90 MX52....for $140?!  No rim lock though.

The Yamaha dealer had a new MX51 100x90 for $90....but the desk girl asked what size rim lock I needed.  "I don't know, didnt know there were different sizes"  Got the wheel out of the car and gave it to her.  She took it in the back and asked.  Somebody told her 2.5" rim lock and sure enough....they dont have that size.  Had a half dozen rim locks, but not 2.5" size.

I come home and dig through the garbage and find the old rim lock (the rubber part came off the steel part) and it is a 1.85" size.

Wonder if that is one that she had?

Guess I should look up my bike and make sure of the proper rim lock size needed.  Not knowing that this broken 1.85" lock is right....or if the parts girl's advice for 2.5" is right?