Sign in to follow this  

Oldie but a goodie (97 RT100)

Found this bike online, and couldn't pass it up. Got a deal on it at $400. New rims, tires, clutch, carb, sprockets, chain, and fluids. Starts on the first kick! It looks like the frame was also repainted. I've looked online and cannot find graphics for it, does anyone know where I could get them?

Pics are good!

2014-06-07 20.12.39.jpg

2014-06-07 20.13.00.jpg

Technically, this is my first bike. I've ridden quite a bit on borrowed bikes from friends, but I've never had one to call mine. I've been riding this a lot and enjoying it!

Don't know of any graphics available for that model.  There may be some stock graphics still available through Yamaha, but that would be somewhat expensive.  You can always get a generic set of graphics and trim them so they somewhat look like they belong on that bike.

I had a 2000 year model RT100. Lots of memories. It will rattle every one of the bolts/screws on the plastics off, so watch that (my front fender was held on with string when it was sold). It will also foul a ton of spark plugs. It takes 2-cycle oil in a reservoir under the seat instead of pre-mixed gas.

For graphics, there is a company in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that makes and ships custom graphics: www.speedgraffix.com. Very friendly and helpful service. Contact them to see if they make for that bike. If you're local they'll let you bring the bike in to have it measured for a kit if they do not already have a template.

Are you a girl or a child?

I suppose I need a full blown 250 race bike to have fun right? Because, ya know, if its not the fastest most powerful bike you're just not man enough.

As for the rest of you whom posted something helpful, thank you.

I suppose I need a full blown 250 race bike to have fun right? Because, ya know, if its not the fastest most powerful bike you're just not man enough.

As for the rest of you whom posted something helpful, thank you.

I was being helpful.

If you are a grown man, my advice is to sell it and buy a full size bike. That bike is designed for small, beginner riders. You will be breaking a lot of stuff on it and spent more time fixing than riding.

Like I said, unless you are a girl, <13 years old or under 100 lbs I would look for another bike. 

Another pet peeve is when riders care more about the "graphics" or looks of their bike instead of buying replacement parts and performing basic maintenance.

Before you take my post out of context, please realize that I am trying to help. You will be better off in the long run if you sold that bike for $600 plus the $100 you would save on graphics and put that towards a full size 125 or 250. Otherwise keep dumping money into it as stuff breaks, it's your bike. Remember, you came on here looking for advice on your first bike.

Is this you?

hqdefault.jpg

I was being helpful.

If you are a grown man, my advice is to sell it and buy a full size bike. That bike is designed for small, beginner riders. You will be breaking a lot of stuff on it and spent more time fixing than riding.

Like I said, unless you are a girl, <13 years old or under 100 lbs I would look for another bike. 

Another pet peeve is when riders care more about the "graphics" or looks of their bike instead of buying replacement parts and performing basic maintenance.

Before you take my post out of context, please realize that I am trying to help. You will be better off in the long run if you sold that bike for $600 plus the $100 you would save on graphics and put that towards a full size 125 or 250. Otherwise keep dumping money into it as stuff breaks, it's your bike. Remember, you came on here looking for advice on your first bike.

Is this you?

hqdefault.jpg[/quote

No actually. The height is just right for me. I measured it at 30 inches, my inseam is 32. Im not very tall.