Sign in to follow this  

What helmet do y'all have

Since I have a dual sport I don't want a plain street bike helmet. I'm actually looking at the Dual Sport Gmax helmets since they kinda look pretty cool. What do y'all wear on the dual sports? ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402344139.340253.jpg

I have a Bell Star from 2011 that I got on sale from $600 down to $175.  I also have a Shoei X-11 Kiyonari (blue).  The Shoei is much better on the track and the Bell is a little more comfortable on the street.  I wear whichever one I happen to grab when I'm heading for the garage.

I run the Fly Trekker in the Hi-Viz Yellow variant.  Wasn't too keen on the yellow at first but after seeing several people start to pull out from an intersection and stop, I"m a firm believer in it.  After talking to people I know that have seen me riding down the road, they are amazed with how bright it is and how far away they can see it.

http://www.flyracing.com/product/street/apparel/helmets/trekker-helmet/211/hi-viz-yellow

I've seen a lot of people say that yellow color fades quickly on that particular helmet

Edited by Joehio

I've seen a lot of people say that yellow color fades quickly on that particular helmet

I considered that when I bought it.  I've had several Fly helmets in various moto trims before this one, so going with another Fly was a no-brainer for me.  I'm willing to accept the fade, cuz either way, it's still brighter than a black or silver helmet.

I've got a FX-39, I can't really compare it to anything as it is the only helmet I have ever owned. It fits comfortably, and although I have had some people complain that it's heavy, I don't really notice it. I read of a few complaints about the visor being a pain at high speeds, but it is removable and I don't seem to have any problems at DRZ speeds!  :thumbsup:

I have a Fly Kinetic Inversion in green/yellow. I just got it and wanted a balck one to match my bike but my little girl liked the green and it helps me stand out a little more when im in dirt roads.

I have this.  (came with my bike for free, certainly not a Monster crap fan, but it does the job...)

2011-oneal-racing-monster-team-helmet-bl

Wanting to get this here soon.

d_92041.jpg

gotta be a whore and match my green bike ya know.   :goofy:

Edited by jreed1337
  • Like 2

for steetbike

shoei rf1100

http://photos.linquist.net/Vehicles/VFR/i-776PZtP/0/L/img_7946-L.jpg 

for moturd

agv 8 ds

http://photos.linquist.net/Vehicles/VFR/i-776PZtP/0/L/img_7946-L.jpg

i love the rf1100. best helment for the money IMO. fits good, not much noise, weight is OK, TONS of air flow but the chin skirt does a awesome job of not letting in that extra crap.

not too happy with the AGV tbh. for one i had to cut out the foam that goes over your ears, idk why agv likes to put foam there but it really feels awkward and it actually hurts after a while. lots of noise but i guess the visor has a lot to do with that. lots of air gets by the chin skirt so when you close the front vent it feels likes its still open in a way. fits tight around my cheeks and not tight enough on my upper head (i do have a &%$#@!ing weird shaped head though lol) i give it points for looking good though

I wear a Caberg Tourmax in flat black.

Caberg-Tourmax-Plain-colours.jpg

I like...I don't see any US retailers though

I like...I don't see any US retailers though

I bought it from the UK. I live in Canada. It isn't DOT rated yet, as far as I know. But it is ECE2205, and that is legal here in Ontario.

Edited by atarijedi