Sign in to follow this  

99 cr80r bogging

I got my cr 80 running the other day. The flywheel was slipping then eventually just came off. Put it back on with a new key and it starts no problem, will idle no problem but bogs in the lower rpm range. To take off I have to rev the bike up high and ride the clutch until it'll clear up. After that it runs with no issue. Its just taking off in low rpms. I tried taking off by rolling the bike (while its on) and dropping it into first without disengaging the clutch but it will just die. It has a brand new br8es plug. I replaced the reeds, its got a new piston kit, I cleaned the carb and its set at the 3rd needle groove. 1.5 out on the air screw and 2.5 out on the idle screw

Can you tell if it's a lean bog or a rich bog??  A lean bog just sounds dead, then it'll rip onto the powerband like mid RPM range.  A rich bog will be blubbery like you kinda have the choke on.

Those small motors are very particular about jetting.  Let us know what you figure out.

• Like 1

I'm not sure. I've never had this problem before so I don't know how to tell. The link is a video of me riding it. It bogs until I get going a bit and if the engine isn't revving high enough or the bike iant going fast enough it will just die.

Isn't***