Sign in to follow this  

I'm having a tough time making a decision

so I currently have a 2005 crf250r and 05 crf450r

I am either going to sell my 250 and soup up my 450 a bit or I'll sell both and invest in a 2014 or 2015 crf450r or kx450f

what would you Guys do and why?

Edited by ImAHondaMan

I would sell the two and buy a new one, otherwise you will ha an 05 with a bunch of money invested and it still will be old. Depending on their condition you might get enough to nearly pay for the new one. You'll have to change your nick if you get a kx though.

• Like 6

Probably wouldnt be disappointed in any of those decisions. Nothin like a shiny new bike in the garage, though. Both the kx and crf are awesome feats of engineering. Pick a color, nowadays.

• Like 2

thanks for the response. very true... 05 is almost 10 years ago. that's old

they are both in outstanding condition. I'm worried the new Hondas won't have as much power. I know it'll be enough but I love my arms getting ripped off. that's the only reason I'm considering a kawi.

next question. what bike (I am pretty comfortable on both) is better? I love Hondas but I love kawi power. I'm torn

With the deals there offering on rmzs it. Would be hard to pass them up.

If the money isn't a problem, sell them both and get a new bike.  But I would steer away from the CRF 450 because of the reviews and power (or lack thereof). 

Or wait til the 2015 reviews come in the next few months, I'm sure Honda wasn't happy about being 5th out of 5 for 2014.

• Like 2

If the money isn't a problem, sell them both and get a new bike.  But I would steer away from the CRF 450 because of the reviews and power (or lack thereof). 

Or wait til the 2015 reviews come in the next few months, I'm sure Honda wasn't happy about being 5th out of 5 for 2014.

Wish they would piss them off enough to bring back the 2t with efi  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I'd sell both and buy new.

I think which ever new 450 you get it will still feel like It's not as powerful as the 05 450 but that's only because the power is so much smoother.

Mate had 2 rides on his new 2014 YZF before he'd admit It's better/more powerful than his 06 CRF 450 but loves the 2014 now.

Same with road bikes. Going from an R1 with a Carby to an R1 with FI was a shock to the system. I like the feel of my arms been pulled out of their sockets as well. You just don't get that as much on an FI bike. Feels slow until you get into a turn :cripple:

So would the lack of power in this group  be like saying the Vette is the slowest of that bunch?

• Like 1

if you guys are talking about deals Suzuki is doing for 2015 would you mind telling me a bit about that? I'm thinking I'm going to invest in a new bike. probably a 2015 and I want to consider every bike

except I'm not a huge fan of Yamaha. just can't get myself to like them

damn.... maybe I'll start looking at a Suzuki. Thanks for all the help guys. it much appreciated

I could do research but I like the straight up answered I get from TT

are newer rmz450's good? how's the suspension and power? I know handling has been impressive the last year or two.

Dude....... it ain't a racing dirt bike if it ain't a 2 stroke!!  But you have a Honda, so you're excused.

Anyways, if I were you, I'd sell the two fiddy' 4 stroke and get a Honda cr125.  Two strokes for when you feel 'racy'........ four strokes for when you want to go bird watching on trails.

• Like 1

Dude....... it ain't a racing dirt bike if it ain't a 2 stroke!! But you have a Honda, so you're excused.

Anyways, if I were you, I'd sell the two fiddy' 4 stroke and get a Honda cr125. Two strokes for when you feel 'racy'........ four strokes for when you want to go bird watching on trails.

Your such a fag Edited by joshrf450
  • Like 7

Dude....... it ain't a racing dirt bike if it ain't a 2 stroke!!  But you have a Honda, so you're excused.

Anyways, if I were you, I'd sell the two fiddy' 4 stroke and get a Honda cr125.  Two strokes for when you feel 'racy'........ four strokes for when you want to go bird watching on trails.

He wants a fo fiddy not a mini bike with a chainsaw motor. :bonk:

• Like 3

He wants a fo fiddy not a mini bike with a chainsaw motor. :bonk:

I didn't say for him to sell his fo' fiddy........ I told him to sell his two fiddy and get a cr125 as a replacement.  He can keep the fo' fiddy for when he gets to be an old fart and can't handle the tenacious tenacidious wrath'eth of thee 'powerband'!!!!!

• Like 1