Sign in to follow this  

Low maintenance trail bike with decent power

Hi, I recently bought a kx250f thinking it would be an ok trail bike, but for the amount of riding i do the maintenance isn't worth it so im looking around for a new bike. I used to have a 230 and i loved the level of maintenance but it had no power, I'd be fine with a little more maintenance than the 230 i just need some more power. I'm looking at either a KDX 200 or an XR 400 the only thing is there are none within a 3-4 hour drive...i've been considering a KTM but again there are none in my area that are wrecked,i have also considered a 125 2 stroke but im not sure if it would suit my slower field/trail riding. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Just keep looking, something will show up sooner than later.  I had a KDX a few years ago and I loved it. Slightly more maintenance than an XR but lighter. 

EDIT:  Wait where are you located?

Edited by Alabama

Ive had a few yamaha wr's. they are the perfect trail bike and they have a headlight. they are low maintenance if you dont wreck them a ton obviously. i had a wr250 and it was an awesome bike the only problem is that it had a steel frame instead of an aluminum. if you can get an aluminum. the other bright side is they are easy to street legalize. another bike you could try is the cr250 or cr450. they are very reliable and quick. if you are doing slower trail riding i would not get a 2stroke but the 4stroke has tons of power that is controlled. dont get me wrong i love the 2strokes i have one myself but it sounds like you will want a 4stroke. hope this helped. :)  

Just keep looking, something will show up sooner than later.  I had a KDX a few years ago and I loved it. Slightly more maintenance than an XR but lighter. 

EDIT:  Wait where are you located?

Prince Edward Island Canada

Ive had a few yamaha wr's. they are the perfect trail bike and they have a headlight. they are low maintenance if you dont wreck them a ton obviously. i had a wr250 and it was an awesome bike the only problem is that it had a steel frame instead of an aluminum. if you can get an aluminum. the other bright side is they are easy to street legalize. another bike you could try is the cr250 or cr450. they are very reliable and quick. if you are doing slower trail riding i would not get a 2stroke but the 4stroke has tons of power that is controlled. dont get me wrong i love the 2strokes i have one myself but it sounds like you will want a 4stroke. hope this helped. :)

I was looking around at the WR's, a bit over priced in my area but I will keep looking, also a cr250 or a crf450 would be way more than I need lol the kx250f had more than enough horsepower for what I want to do.