Sign in to follow this  

KTM Freeride 250 coming to the states

So um...anybody want to buy a certified pre-loved 230 from a charming, handsome TT member?

http://georgiaoffroad.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60944

Rads and prce aside, it's hard not to get enthusiastic about at least one manufacturer taking this type of bike seriously. If it sells well, maybe within a few years the 230 would see the updates we all pine for to compete (and/or a rebirth of th KDX).

Yea Deinabolic, this freeride KTM 250 looks to be in an entirely different league than our lowly crfs! You'll need to sell a few of them to cover the KTM FR price tag, but who's counting?

The KDX was on it's way for a bit but we must not have bought enough of them. The entry level and fun riders were scared of two strokes, can you imagine? Must be why crfs sold well and stayed, no oil premixing? Picture this KTM playbike in a 175 cc two-smoke version tuned like a trials bike, DFI and oil injection with torque and grunt, oh and weighing in a 191 lbs? Day-um that would be FUN!!

Pinch me, I know, I'm dreaming! 

It's good that KTM finally made the decision to sell this hybrid in the USA. However, with This type of hybrid bike, cross between trials & enduro, KTM isn't the first one to come out with it. Scorpa was the 1st w/ the T-ride back in 2010, a Yamaha thumper engine based hybrid.

Scorpa_T_Ride250_1r.jpg

Sherco used its own two stroke 270cc motor with its version, the X-Ride, which has been available for sale in the USA for the past 2 yrs now, if i recall.

sherco-x-ride-290-2012_3.jpg

But w/ KTM throwing its weight into this niche market, the resale on this type of bike is going to be much better than before.

Edited by jeddclampette