Sign in to follow this  

Thoughts on VIP pass

Last year I took the family to highpoint we had a great time but had to do a lot of moving due to drunks and weed. This year I would like to take them again but I'm thinking about doing the VIP tickets in hopes that it will be a little more family friendly. Anyone have experience with it? Is it worth it? I'm really nervous about not having a good view of the track.

Hopefully it won't be that bad this year I am going with my daughter and her family.

I am looking forward to it

Hopefully it won't be that bad this year I am going with my daughter and her family.

I am looking forward to it

I didn't mean to make it sound bad the incident I'm referring to was very minor. You are going to have an awesome time! Be sure to watch a few laps in front of the incredible-huck that jump is unreal.

If people say the VIP is not worth it I will still be taking the family it's just easier to stay in one spot with the kids.

get it. it is worth it.  ive done it 3 years so far and every year has been amazing. no big crowds. amazing free foods. free drinks.  you wont regret it 

• Like 2

It is decent. I get them through work and sometimes go into the tent/area for a bit but I like to walk around and see different parts of the track and just roam around in between motos. If you are content staying in 1 place (the view is very good at least) then it might be worth the dough. If I had to pay out of pocket, for me it is not worth it, but given your situation, it might be. Maybe I'll see you there.

• Like 1

The last few years I have purchased Pit Passes.  That was nice, but I'm not an autograph seeker or fanboy of any one particular rider, so this year I think I'll just do Gen Admin.  I like to move around quite a bit and get different shots with the big DSLR.  

I did VIP for the family at Glen Helen and it was definitely worth it. Free food all day, air conditioned building with viewing deck and the podium was on the deck so we were like 3 feet from all the riders on the podium. I assume it must be similar at the other races.

We, Me wife son and his wife just got back from VIP service at Thunder Valley, Security was great. Supplied seating with a great view. Covered seating if needed. ALL the drinks and snacks you want. A complete lunch. Along with great parking. We left the races after the last moto and was on the highway in 15 min.

I'm an idiot, my passes are always the Parts Unlimited VIP, it is different from the ones you can buy online. I wasn't thinking about that when I typed in this thread. But I'm sure it is similar treatment. I've never actually bought passes, I was just going off of my experiences with passes we get here. Anyways, hope everyone that went had a great time. Good racing and a very nice day!

We never made it out. My wife had an appreciation dinner Friday night and a lot of family came up. I thought we would be able to get on the road by 7am all the way until 3am. It was worth the loss we had a great time with family and will be moving to KY in August so the opportunitys are numbered. And yes I was aware of all this beforehand but the last several family get togethers have been very short and sweet.

• Like 1