Sign in to follow this  

Buying 250 2 stroke. Needs idle screw and carb adjusted?

So i'm getting a used Yz250 from a guy on craigslist. i'm new to the bike scene and i'm wondering if i have anything to worry about like hidden problems and what i can do to make sure these are the only things wrong. Feel free to let me know what you think below and thanks in advance i really appreciate anyone that can help. :thumbsup: I'm also adding pictures so you can see the bike.

00a0a_68HdGY1FDFX_600x450.jpg

00505_gla6UP8MOsL_600x450.jpg

Edited by Kevante

So i'm getting a used Yz250 from a guy on craigslist. i'm new to the bike scene and i'm wondering if i have anything to worry about like hidden problems and what i can do to make sure these are the only things wrong. Feel free to let me know what you think below and thanks in advance i really appreciate anyone that can help. :thumbsup: I'm also adding pictures so you can see the bike.

You cant know for sure. does it run at all? from the look of it I would assume it needs much more.

You cant know for sure. does it run at all? from the look of it I would assume it needs much more.

He said it does run but it shuts off when you let go of the throttle because of the idle screw missing.

Best advice would be to keep looking that thing looks like a hunk of junk. If it's your first bike def do not buy it. Buy a bike that's actually all there!

• Like 2

looks like a wonderful parts bike to me. this is a bike for a guy who has one or two of these and is a hopeless geek for this model and is looking for a parts bike to keep his other ones going longer. I bought bikes like this and was stubborn and stupid enough to insist that I do everything it took to make them work nicely  and those experiences, followed by some valuable job training, turned me into a bike mechanic. lessons like that are hard. if your new, do not buy that bike.

Run.....far away.

:prof:  Run...far far far away  That thing is a money pit , you will be working on it 3 times more than riding it. 

Maybe let us know what your budget is and location some of these guys are pretty handy finding used bikes online that can point you in the right direction. 

He said it does run but it shuts off when you let go of the throttle because of the idle screw missing.

If he's been running it with no idle screw in the carb it's sucking in dirt and that engine is going to be ruined very soon if not already.