Sign in to follow this  

How to turn pink into red...

LOL... no, no, no, get your head out of the gutter... I have a 03 Honda CR85R that I just picked up for the kids. After getting it lit off and taking it up the street about 1000 times I think I might just keep it  all to myself for dump runs in the desert. :ride:  Anyway the plastics are starting to go and are just starting to go pink on it. I heard that a quick once over with a heat gun brings back the original color but was wondering if there was a new wonder product available that I could spray on and wipe off? I'm sure this is old stuff so if there is a thread I could be pointed to I will go and read contently. Thanks in advance     

Edited by Metal Twister

Perfect thanks! 

There are other ways but this is a more permanent solution . One way people use is mix 60-40 paint thinner and boiled linseed oil and rub it in. I just don't think that does much but hide it with oil. 

This little bike is just starting to loose the red and is just not as bright as it was originally. Im thinking I can go right to the heat gun step and forgo all the scraping. Thanks again....  

You can try it , it would depend on how bad it is but the scraping off the dead plastic on top would be the most important step. Good luck would like to see some before and after pics  :ride:

• Like 1

Stone kind of acetone. I use goof off, it does a fine job of restoring the shine. Some 2-3k sand paper then goof off will restore it perfect