Sign in to follow this  

exc 500 rear fender swap

I think someone may have posted, but from what i can tell the 2014 500xc-w rear fender and the 500 exc rear. Are interchangable. Im thinking of going sas turn signals, just looking for a tighter fender and keeping the stock rear tail light. ?

I am pretty sure it will work but are the under fender mounts the same as the 530's? I installed a new 2014 led tail light on my 530 and had to grind the under fender to make it work. So the next step is to mount a new style under fender the the old style fender. Looks the same except for the tail light mounting and shape.

I think someone may have posted, but from what i can tell the 2014 500xc-w rear fender and the 500 exc rear. Are interchangable. Im thinking of going sas turn signals, just looking for a tighter fender and keeping the stock rear tail light. ?

I don't know if they are interchangeable, but the cheapest option (if you have a 500 exc) is to simply buy the black fender piece.  Using Munn's website, it looks like that piece is $17 (w/ discount).  It doesn't have the lights on it - it just appears to be the black fender bit.  Then you could add your taillight to it.

Edited by ChrisWH

Are you talking the upper (orange) fender, or the lower (black) inner fender?

I just got done doing this swap on the INNER fender, EXC to XC-W, and they are interchangeable, BUT the stock tail light will NOT work in the XC-W inner fender.  I did not have an XC-W taillight, but there's no way that the stock EXC was going to fit in the hole KTM had in the inner fender for the XC-W...

CADman_KS

I know the op was about a 500. I have a 2010 530 exc. I have removed the rear tail light and installed (with some grinding) a 2014 exc tail light. It works fine and doesn't look too bad but I am going to order the 2014 under fender or as ktm calls is the plate mount. It is the black piece mounted to the bottom of the orange fender. I am wondering if it will just bolt on or have they changed the bolt pattern on the new style fenders. I know the fender on the new 500's is different but is the bottom side different?

Im thinking of going sas turn signals,

If you do run signals be sure to make a channel in the plate mount for the left wire over to the right wire channel (drill or file) or you'll pinch the wire when you tighten everything up.