Sign in to follow this  

250 two stroke... Need opinions

So another thread about what I should buy.

This weekend I was recently converted from ATVs to dirt bikes.... I rode a honda ttr 230? And a yz250f. I got pretty bored on the honda, I mean it, I would take it any day of the week over an ATV but I definitely loved the yz250f a lot more. It was great on the trails, fast, and I had no complaints.

I plan on riding 60% trails and 40% track give or take. I want an mx bike, I kept bottoming out the honda 230 on jumps.

Now here is my situation. I'm 23, 6'2, and about 200 pounds. I liked that the yz250f was taller, it felt like a good fit for me.... However, it really I've noticed I can get a yz250 (the two stroke) for a lot less than the four stroke. I've also grown up around two strokes and I am very familiar with them and know how to fix them.

Would something like a yz250 or a kx250 be just way too much for me? I jumped right on a 250f and felt comfortable. Ive looked at the yz125s but for some reason I feel like after 2 rides id like more power.

Basically, I'm not willing to pay for a 250f when I could get a faster bike for less....

Not to be a dick but it's a honda crf230 not a ttr230, but anyway yes you will definetly be able to handle a 250 2 smoker. Especially if you felt comfortable on the 250f but if you felt the 250f was plenty of power for u and u wouldn't get tired of it then the 125 is what you need. The 125 has plenty of get up and go and will shred through the track the 250 just has more torque and power but both are fun bikes. Some people swear by the 125's

The 250f felt powerful but not too much. I figured after I got more used to it, it would be "ehh same ole same ole"

I'll go for the two stroke. I hate selling and buying crap. I'm trying to sell my ATV right now so i can buy the bike. Can't sell it fast enough.