Sign in to follow this  

Got my new thumper!

Just picked up an 03 crf450r. let me know what you think!

Edit; forgot pics

Edited by YZX
  • Like 1

Cool!! It's got the same graphics as my son's cr

That's the nicest hockey stick I have seen in a while. Rode the hell out of my 99 125 back in the day.

• Like 3

Thanks guys, nice cr by the way. Yeah its also got full yoshi exhaust, oversized rads etc. Its got everything. It was an ex ama race bike.

• Like 1

Cool!! It's got the same graphics as my son's cr:

P5020894_zpsf3264304.jpg

is that plated BTW?

is that plated BTW?

Not yet. But it will just be plated for the woods, not street. In Alberta you've got to have a headlight and taillight to be legal on public land...

Cool!! It's got the same graphics as my son's cr:

P5020894_zpsf3264304.jpg

Way to hijack his thread :smirk:

You'll love the 450. The black looks good on it too. I had a white 07 crf450 but I think I like the black better :thinking:

• Like 2

Way to hijack his thread :smirk:

You'll love the 450. The black looks good on it too. I had a white 07 crf450 but I think I like the black better :thinking:

I didn't mean to...lol. Just pointing out the graphics.

Sorry YZX :(

• Like 2

I didn't mean to...lol. Just pointing out the graphics.

Sorry YZX :(

:lol: Just kidding. Beautiful CR though

:lol: Just kidding. Beautiful CR though

Thanks :) My son and I restored it just before riding season. There's a build thread if you're interested, but it's very long...lol.

www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1078156-spring-rebuild-pictorial/

Thanks :) My son and I restored it just before riding season. There's a build thread if you're interested, but it's very long...lol.

www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1078156-spring-rebuild-pictorial/

I've actually already read through it. I remember seeing you post the link on some other thread. Looks like a fun build

Not yet. But it will just be plated for the woods, not street. In Alberta you've got to have a headlight and taillight to be legal on public land...

well that's good to know because I'm moving back to alberta in about 3 weeks. Im moving to Edmonton. If we're near we should go riding.

well that's good to know because I'm moving back to alberta in about 3 weeks. Im moving to Edmonton. If we're near we should go riding.

Sounds good :) I'm about three hours from there...

I've actually already read through it. I remember seeing you post the link on some other thread. Looks like a fun build

It was a good one. Went smooth with very few hitches....despite the total neglect of the PO...

Edited by Fattonz
  • Like 1

My two boys are your age. The oldest guy is exactly your age and rides a kx-125. He would probably be jealous that you have a 450...lol.

• Like 1

Just picked up an 03 crf450r. let me know what you think!

Edit; forgot pics

I think the fastway pegs are a must and low boy setting on them if your 6foot or taller. I think I'd watch out using that type of hand guards that hook in to your bars, if you get ejected over the front that's a fast way to snap your wrest aaannnddd if you get bored throw a tusk oversized front rotor on it!

Congrats on the bike tho manee!

• Like 1