Sign in to follow this  

European Crf450r

Ok so I just noticed on the Internet that the 2014 Crf450r's in South-Africa are the same as the European/AUSTRALIA version!!..I was bumped, I hoped it was USA version

Honda Australia imports and distributes the European-spec version of the CRF450R, not the US version. The difference between the two is mainly the exhaust and also the airbox, both which have significant effect on motor performance. The exhaust note on the bikes used in Australia is so quiet you could ride it in a library and not get noticed. Combine that with a choked-up airbox and you have a motor screaming for air and not living up to its full potential.

What can I do to open up the airbox? So I can get full potential of my bike?

Thank you.

Its pretty simple actually. I have a UK '13. When I bought the Vortex x10 ignition it specifically says on some maps that it requires the US Airbox mod. There are photos on here if you search. Basically lose the lid, cut the sides off the airbox so its just a front and back, Much easier to get the filter in and out as well. As for the noise, well quiet doesn't always mean louder. I wasn't aware the Euro pipes were any different to US pipes, the twin exhaust is just quieter. But there's always the twin Yoshi if you want it to rip a bit more..,IMO the airbox mod, the vortex and the Yoshi is a really hot set up.

• Like 1

As Fraser says, cut that sucker to bits. It was the first thing I did to my EU 2013. That, plus a vortex, and a full rocket system really woke the bike up. I rode a 2013 sxf450 on Sunday, was disappointed by it compared to mine considering the claims that are made about that sxf motor. The owner of the sxf also commented how good mine felt, he has spent a bit of time on a stock 2013 and was blown away at the difference.

• Like 1

Yeah im gonna get a ported head and maybe the fmf rct4.1 and powerbomb. The vortex I will wait for a bit.

Thanks for the help I appreciate it. I will let you know when I have done it.