Sign in to follow this  

2004 rm 125

Flooding when idling and poor botom end i've set the float to specs changed main jets and pilot jet same thing if fuel tap is closed idling picks up in few seconds the mid to top range is fine the needle is droped to its leanest could needle be the problem

Check also the float needle. Just went through this with my sons 80, flooding at idle and fuel dripping from vent lines.

Have soak it overnight cleaned with compresor blowing out and replaced the float needle and o ring if i close the fuel tap after few seconds the idling starts picking up an botom end smoothens out but cant set the float any higher than i run the bowl dry.. gone to the smallest pilot jet already its only the botom end and idling i just can not get right

The idle speed screw on the slide is bassicaly turned in all the way that the lock nut just catches it.. air screw is as recomended in the book

For me i ride it in powerband its no problem but for my son who still needs a smoother botom as he's still learning to ride and scared of opening up to powerband its a uge problem i dont want to scare him away from riding its a father and son pleasure