Sign in to follow this  

Drz400 sm caliper help

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I took a bike on a test ride (which I am buying) and the front brake cooked so I'm going to have to replace the disk and pads but I was wondering if it's worth rebuilding the caliper that's on there or buying a new/good condition secondhand one ?

If so is there any other bikes that share the same caliper ?

Sorry if this has been posted before.

Thanks guys.

Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I took a bike on a test ride (which I am buying) and the front brake cooked so I'm going to have to replace the disk and pads but I was wondering if it's worth rebuilding the caliper that's on there or buying a new/good condition secondhand one ?

If so is there any other bikes that share the same caliper ?

Sorry if this has been posted before.

Thanks guys.

Same caliper is used on all DRZ400 models

Good used is a cheap option, but would still replace seals and check the slider pin

Same caliper is used on all DRZ400 models

Good used is a cheap option, but would still replace seals and check the slider pin

Ok thanks for that. I was just wondering whilst looking for a second hand one if there was any other bikes that share the same caliper? Sorry if I did not explain the situation properly.

Cheers.

Edited by Fowler

Ok thanks for that. I was just wondering whilst looking for a second hand one if there was any other bikes that share the same caliper? Sorry if I did no explain the situation properly.

Cheers.

No doubt there are cross overs 

Here are a few

This Suzuki 59300-13E00-999 SUPERCEEDED BY 59300-13E01-999 is used on these models and components: