Sign in to follow this  

Dirt bike trailer

Hello. Im buying a new truck soon and would like to set up an enclosed trailer for hauling my dirt bike around when i want to ride. My biggest question is what do i need to have in it and what is recomended to have for extras. Im looking for one with tandem axles and between 10ft and 16ft long. Most of the time i ride around my house but would like to start going to tracks and trails. Most of them are atleast 1.5 hours from my house.

I think there is a stickie for this subject. Tons of info. Good call on the double axle. You will need a trailer brake set up since the double axles will have electric brakes. I have a 6 x 12. If I could do it over I would go 7 x 14 or 16.

I have a couple 44ft fifth wheel trailers from when we had carnival games. They are way too big for what i want and only have barn doors. I am thinking 20ft-26ft and making it with a small bunk area so i can sleep in it if i have to.

I have a 6x12 single axle. I can haul three bikes and gear with no problem. I will also fit my quad if I need to take it somewhere.

Bob K.