Kdx with kx 125 frame

I didnt have the carb on my engine. That might be a pound or two.

I'm wanting one  and passed up a fn 220 conversion for 2500$ 

If there's anymore?

As the 200 cc is nearly the size of a 250. l didn't realize that 

They don't add a ton of weight to race vehicles do they ? 

They made the bike heavy on purpose and put on that choke pipe because if moddified and running correctly is probably faster than a 250 because it revs better being small/large or midbore 

For some reason probably physics  , a single cylinder while producing more power slowes when bored larger ,2 and 4 stroke , 

Edited by anthonystempak

They made the bike heavy on purpose and put on that choke pipe because if moddified and running correctly is probably faster than a 250 because it revs better being small/large or midbore 
Huh? A very healthy KDX is still way down on power to a 2 stroke 250 MX bike. I've had a 200 and two 220's, one of which had the world thrown at it and was 10 times the bike it was stock (porting, head work, big carb, pipe, etc). A stock YZ250 would be a beast compared to any of them.

Yes, boring a bike way out changes dynamics a bit and it generally won't rev quite like stock, but a lot of that is because ports enter the cylinder on an angle and boring effectively lowers them. Also, ports generally end up a bit small in terms of port/time area taking a little optimized cylinder out bigger. Takes a lot of work to open things up and take advantage of more cubes. If small bores make more power, why aren't we all riding 80's?
  • Like 1