Sign in to follow this  

'03 KX125 Swingarm on a '03 KX250

Just wondering if the two swingarms are compatible. From what I understand, the 125 swingarm should mount up easy on the 250. The only difference is less than 1 inch less in length.

Let me know before I buy...

Thanks.

I just picked one up from an 03 125 for $85. I think it was a good deal considering it came with a chain slider and a chain guide. I hope it fits. I'm in the Detroit area.

I'd also like to know if it bolts right on.  I've considered doing this on mine.  I know the linkage pull rods are different to compensate for the length of the swingarm but thats no problem.

Do you think I need to run a new linkage on it? What is the reason that you want to do this on yours.? It will make it handled differently I assume. Probably better in tight woods and the front wheel probably won't stay as planted.

Thinking about it, it shouldn't matter for the linkage I don't think. I read (from a forum not a spec sheet) that the difference in the link rods is 1mm. So how much would that affect the height and handling of the bike? I don't think very much..