Sign in to follow this  

CRF450 2007, adjusting the AP. Lean bog

I am not new to carb tuning but I cannot see how to adjust this thing?  I see the set screw and operating arm but there is not gap between them at idle or WFO.  I have read some stuff on them but seems they refer to a style with the arm on the other side of the set screw where there would be a gap at WFO.  How do I adjust this?

I did a carb clean and had the AP apart. there is no rivet on the diagram.  The rod operates the diagram directly. Unless I am mising something....  I don't see it in the parts book either. 

HELP!

SHould note that fuel screw has been tested everywhere from 1 turn to 3 turns.  WIll run fine unless you pin it instantly. 

Edited by eagle99

If you pin it instantly, on the stand, or below 4000 rpm's, it's normal to bog sometimes.

You have to verify which apump system you have.

Most 2007 came with the updated version, some with the older version (adjustment screw on the right side)

If it's the new version, there is no update, just maintenance.

Don't turn that screw for anything but squirt timing. It has no effect on squirt duration, that is all in the leak jet and diaphargm type.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/883350-2006-kxf450-bogging/

Timing is what I am looking for.  Has a pretty bad bog.  I have been on them that had little to no bog on the stand.  I assume I need to turn the screw in which will push the rod down and bring in fuel sooner? 

You need to lift up the subframe (or use a mirror in the airbox) to see the squirt. You want the squirt to always just barely miss the slide, and that it shoots all the way into the head

Corroded nozzles are common place, so this is the only way to know if you have good apump action

Check the size of the leak jet. Before pulling carb see how long the squirt duration is. If it doesn't continue to squirt for any length of time after twisting the throttle, drop down a few sizes. I usually make a big change to start, say from 80 to 50. I always go smaller for a bog.