Sign in to follow this  

92' yz250 crank seal?

Quick question. I have a 1992 yz250...redone top end just went through the carb...took it out and clouds of white smoke come out...also sounds like a grinding or thumping in the motor I'm guessing because tranny oil is mixing...I drained the oil it's light coffee creamer brown. Also took the clutch side case apart and discovered the clutch side has tranny oil in it. I've been made aware it's a dry clutch? So long story short is this a crank seal? Because I've been reading watching lots of videos and everyone's bike that they re did a crank seal on is the same problem I'm having any clues man?

The clutch is def not a dry clutch. if you have a terrible running problem and lose tranny oil and it smokes a ton, the RH side crank seal is a good place to look. Its relatively easy and cheap to replace as well. prob do both side seals just for insurance.

Buying a factory manual would help your cause and youd learn a lot too.

Got the clutch basket out and the inner case going to order the crank seals tonight. Also going to order head gasket and new I rings for top...I have a hunch that the Schwack rtv job my dad did blew out and the a it freeze is combusting in the tranny oil because I could probably put the stuff in my coffee it looks just like creamer. The tranny oil anyways.

What do you guys think?