Sign in to follow this  

Request to all Direct TV users re MAVTV 1st motos in SD

Hey all -

We are trying to spread this around to a couple boards. Concerns the 1st motos of the outdoor series that MAVTV broadcasts in HD but that DirecTV chooses to offer only in SD.

Let's see if we can get Direct to offer MAVTV in HD. ( I found out from MAVTV that it is delivered in HD and Direct chooses to down-convert it to SD. sad.png

Use this link to the Office of the President at DirecTV:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageIFnorail.jsp?assetId=P4960016

Tell them you would like to receive MAVTV in HD.

Spread this to other boards / forums if you can. Maybe we can get the 1st motos in HD before the season finishes out.

BTW - I mentioned to them that I was well aware that Dish network, as well as several other cable providers, are delivering MAVTV in full HD. cool.png

Here's my response from DTv

I am writing in response to the recent correspondence we received. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns and your inquiry regarding MavTV in HD. I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this situation may have caused you.

Most often the reasons we do not offer a particular channel in HD are related to the available satellite capacity. Standard definition requires less bandwidth than high definition. As satellite capacity increases, we review our programming lineup for enhancements and channel additions.

We are not currently offering MavTV in HD and, while we don’t have a set timeline to add it, your feedback is important to us as we often make changes based on our viewers' comments.

all motocross is on promotocross in full HD quality.  If I want to watch on the big screen, I just plug my laptop into my TV via HDMI.