Yz 125 to a ktm 150

Has anyone went from 06 yz to a new ktm 150 I don't want a bigger bike just a 125 with a little more or has anyone rode both any info would be helpful thanks

I made the switch from an 02 YZ with an EG 144 kit to a 13 150sx. The 150 is bored and stroked 125, slightly different than a EG 144. The YZ was a great bike, not the bike the 06 is but in the end the 150 delivered what I was looking for. Just a 125 with a little more everywhere.

I wanted the same thing you do, didn't want to move to a 250 2t, but wanted a little more bottom out of my 125. I like the KTM's, but your YZ is still a great bike. If money isn't an issue and you're looking for grin factor, get the KTM, if you can, get an 11 (best year imo) or newer, if not maybe an EG 144 for your YZ is a great option. You will be happy either way, but I'm glad I went with the the KTM.

• 1 year later...

I had a 2003 yz125 for about 2 years and then realized I needed a little more bottom end, power and also the handling. So I bought a 2012 ktm150sx and so far love the thing! The handling, power, suspension and bottom end is a huge difference. I would get a 2011+ you will love the ktm. Its just such a fun bike and so light.

Why does everyone hate the PDS? I absolutely love it, best feeling rear end that I have ever felt that wasn't on a woman lol. 

I HATED PDS. Linkage is so much smoother and forgiving. PDS is good for very slow speed stuff, but braking bumps/high speed section are its weakness.

I went from a  2009 200xc-w to a 2014 150sx.