Sign in to follow this  

350 and 250 Fuel Injection Mapping Mods...

I need someone to test some maps I am making.

One person with a 350F and another with a 250F.

Only condition, you must have access to the KTM User Setting Tool ...

Those who test will get my custom maps free of charge ....

PM me ...

350 Maps have been tested and completed ....

PM me for more info....

Steve I'm confused , isn't you who gets the custom maps free of charge ? They do the testing and so already have the map ?

I had my 13 250f remapped and there was small gains in part throttle situations

Steve I'm confused , isn't you who gets the custom maps free of charge ? They do the testing and so already have the map ?

No, they are based on KTM's maps.  But if you ever examined the KTM maps... you'd wonder what planet they are riding on.

I do my own on the 450's.  I needed volunteers for the others ... 

How do you decide how to adjust the fueling ? Dyno?

A fully dyno tested map was provided and I back tracked from there compared with the aggressive map from KTM.

Had one of the guys here test all three and voila ....

I was the one that did the testing for Steve. I have the UST tool and have a track outside my shop door and was able to do 5 laps cool down change maps repeat 3 times in a row and also rode a wide verity of tracks in my area. My bike is a 2012 350sxf , fully modified with pretty much everything done , I'm beyond picky and go threw everything to a tee on my bikes , I ride vet b and plus 30 b. Steve gave me 3 maps all of which seemed to start easier , 1 of the maps I love and was night and day better then the ones I made and have been using daily now , 1 of them I'm using for sand and 1 I would say would be good for hard pack Tracks and lots of throttle control. If anyone has any questions I'm willing to answer honestly.

Do you use incorrect agr to tailor the power , eg hard pack make it a tad rich to dull the power ? I'm having a hard time understanding how once you get a good map (most power at each rpm and different load setting ) why would you stray away from that map ? Eg to get more "hit"do you make the mapping less perfect ?

Do you use incorrect agr to tailor the power , eg hard pack make it a tad rich to dull the power ? I'm having a hard time understanding how once you get a good map (most power at each rpm and different load setting ) why would you stray away from that map ? Eg to get more "hit"do you make the mapping less perfect ?

It's a matter of taste  .... setting timing back to stock would offset the "hit" ...

I found the 350 to make huge gains in power on the dyno with much better starting with proper mapping here.

I also think I've figured out why my maps here in texas requires more fueling than the maps developed in colder climates.

In any case the 350 can be improved without a doubt.

The 250 on the other hand...well its not far off.

I just got a '15 350 XC-F. I will have the user setting tool in a few weeks. If it let's me upload the stock map to my PC I'll give it to whomever wants it.

Edit:  Apparently the software doesn't allow that.  I was hoping it would be like TuneECU.  

Edited by redrider144

It doesn't work like that.... The ECU has a base map you can't access. The UST makes changes to that base map.

It doesn't work like that.... The ECU has a base map you can't access. The UST makes changes to that base map.

So there isn't any way to compare previous maps to the current?

No.  Not without having a friendly dealer who installs a new base map or purchasing the ECU....