Sign in to follow this  

Great customer service experience - Scotts Performance

Sorry if this isn't the right place for this post - I didn't see another that was obviously better.

I have a Scotts steering damper on my CR250. I bought it with the bike, so I'm at least the second owner. I recently serviced it and something about it didn't seem to be working like it did before. So I called Scotts where a guy named Steve answered my call and listened to my description of the issue.

Steve patiently walked me through a bunch of disassembly/diagnosis/troubleshooting, taking care to explain to me at every step what we were doing and why. I even learned a few new things about my damper in the process. 

When we got down to the root of the problem (which is what he suspected in the first place), he took my address and popped the parts in the mail for me so I could do the job myself. No upselling, no "send it in and we'll look at it"... Just awesome lets-get-you-running service. 

He seemed to enjoy his job, and he seemed genuinely happy to provide his (very useful) help. That seems so rare to me these days, I wanted to give them a shout out.

• Like 2

I was about to sell my Scotts (before I gave it a real hard try)....but I rode with it this weekend in some trails AND since I had it on already I left it on for the track sunday, but dialed the low speed down a bit. I have to say, for the trails I had zero arm pump all day, which I still tend to get a lil from time to time. I mean I had also been eating extremely well as of late and drinking tons of water (bout a gal a day) so this may of helped too. I feel like the scotts was quietly working in the high speed department. While I can't say for sure I felt it helping me, I know I hit a lot of roots and rocks and experienced minimal deflection in my bars. I didnt hit any trees so I dunno bout that yet.

On the track, I honestly felt what other people feel with these if the low speed is turned in a ways, and that is....I felt like the thing did not turn the same way it always has (and i ride this track a lot). I felt like something was fighting me and I couldnt get it to turn as easily as itd been. So, i turned the low speed WAY down and it seemed to go away, but at the same time that moto i felt a lil more pump. However, this was the last moto i rode, and I was a bit tired from a bit of trail riding saturday and the previous motos. The thing is, in the previous motos with it turned up, I was able to do faaar more laps at a good pace for me, without arm pump stopping me. Usually I end up sitting for a minute to let the pump or numbness subside. I mean I could ride through pump, but it is more dangerous and I have no delusions of being a pro...rather a guy who still does need to work on Monday. So, I would have to say it is effective on both aspects for me. Enough so that I plan to leave it on for another track ride and mess with settings to find a good balance.

Anyways, back to the topic. I had contacted them in the past about rebuild etc...always got back to me quick and were helpful.

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF

I have also experienced outstanding customer service with Scotts. Another company that provides outstanding customer service is Jeff at TuBliss.

Scotts is my first choice because of the product and after sales service .

I use Scotts and GPR at the moment , I have never used MSC

My mate has an MSC.The reason I ask is they are supposedly Aussie made.

Parts arrived today. Ready to go racing on Sunday!

What a great experience.

My mate has an MSC.The reason I ask is they are supposedly Aussie made.

Scott over everything else. My brother has the MSC and Scotts. MSC try hard but have taken too long with parts and servicing in the past on several occasions. Never had a drama with with Scott's.

Parts arrived today. Ready to go racing on Sunday!

What a great experience.

bsben, do you use the fender mount option? I have been thinking about sending my hpsd out for a revalve, or trying a Scotts on the fender for mx. I almost never ride trail though so not sure if a Scotts is really needed ?

bsben, do you use the fender mount option? I have been thinking about sending my hpsd out for a revalve, or trying a Scotts on the fender for mx. I almost never ride trail though so not sure if a Scotts is really needed ?

I don't - I have the conventionally-mounted handlebar type. And I don't ride much MX - just trails, enduros and hare scrambles. So I can't really speak to its usefulness in MX. Sorry!

Scott over everything else. My brother has the MSC and Scotts. MSC try hard but have taken too long with parts and servicing in the past on several occasions. Never had a drama with with Scott's.

Fair enough.