Sign in to follow this  

Jetting mistake

Well my jetting wasn't right so I took the carb off and adjust the needled from the 3rd spot to the 2nd because it seemed like it bogged when I give it throttle and also smokes some. When I got the bike I had to do some jetting and had to change exhaust due to carbon build up. I had been adjusting the throttle stop thinking it was the air screw.. Dumb mistake. Currently the main is a 165. Slow is a 45 and the needle is on the 2nd clip. The air screw has been at 4 and a half turns out. What will happen if I leave the jetting the same and move the air screw in to 1 and a half like it should be? Since I have been adjust the throttle stop and have it At 1 and a half, where should it be set at? Can't crank it due to raining like crazy here and don't want to smoke my shop out. Since everybody likes pictures I laced my wife's new wheels up ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402438814.709036.jpg

I got it right in my opinion but the air screw is 6 rounds out and to get it to stay idling the throttle screw is 1.5 rounds out

sounds like its bloody all over the place.

6 turns on the air screw is way to much.

google 2 stroke jetting and have a read.

i know for my rm250 2006 air screw range is 1.0 - 2.0 turns anything more or less change the pilot jet.

165 main is small ish... 45 is a pretty small pilot jet too... going by how my rm250 runs

im running 168 main, 48 pilot, 1.5 ish turns on the pilot screw...

leave the throttle cable tension alone.

maybe just put it back to factory settings a go from there...

If I go back to the stock settings the main is a 168 and slow is a 48 with the needle on the 3rd clip. If I'm at a 165,45 and 2nd clip it will richen it up all over correct? I'm thinking going to a different needle. I'm just confused since all the jets are already on the low side. Also the throttle stop screw does anyone know the stock setting on it?